Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine's Day

I know it's only a couple days away, but if you're like most people you still haven't gotten that special someone a Valentine's Day gift. But if you're not like most people (unfortunately) you're looking to make that gift as eco-friendly as possible. So what are your options. Well, if you're going the traditional chocolate route, aim for organic chocolates. If you're thinking flowers, get ones that will live more than a week (i.e. potted). You could also go in a completely different direction and make a charitable donation in your sweetheart's name. If you're shopping for actual product gifts I'd suggest that you visit any of the local green businesses. So if you are one of those businesses, please submit your suggestions (and store information) here in the comments section. I'm sure many of you have other suggestions, so feel free to post those, especially if they support local green businesses. For more suggestions you can check out the Green Guide, which lists several options for: flowers, chocolates, sleepwear and jewelry (and of course you know there's a local jewelry artist that is eco-friendly).

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I can provide that local, eco option for anyone looking to get a unique gift for that special someone. I will have my collection on hand at the next Green Drinks, Wed. Feb 13th. My jewelry line has grown to over 200 pieces so I'm sure that there is something for everyone. www.EcoLibrio.com. If you can't make it to Green Drinks I also have select pieces available at Poe Studio, 819 Savannah Hwy, Charleston.